|HEALTH DEPARTMENT||ADMINISTRATION||COMMUNICABLE DISEASES||IMMUNIZATIONS||ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH||HEALTH EDUCATION||PERSONAL HEALTH||NEWS RELEASES||Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)||Contact Us|
Concern about the health effects of exposure to indoor mold has been growing over the past few years. People are exposed to molds every day, usually by touching or breathing them. Because molds naturally exist outdoors and indoors, living in a totally mold-free environment is practically impossible. As molds grow, spores can be released into the air where they can be easily inhaled. People who inhale large numbers of spores may get sick. Possible health concerns are an important reason to prevent mold growth and to clean up molds in indoor environments.
IDPH fact sheets that relate to mold:
|Public Health Vision: Healthy People in Healthy Communities|
|Public Health Mission: Promote Health and Prevent Disease|
Health Department Freedom of information Form
|Central Illinois Health Departments|