|Recorders Office | Important News and Notices | Fees | Publications/Forms | Records Filed | Records Online | Fraud Alert | Recorder Honor Rewards Program | Freedom of Information Act Information|
Important News and Notices
* Property Fraud Alert
Own property in LaSalle County? Don’t risk becoming a victim of property fraud. Get notifications whenever something is recorded using your name. Sign up for free at PropertyFraudAlert.com.
* Veterans Honor Rewards
A program offering incentives and discounts exclusively for Veterans. Sign up at HonorRewards.com. Are you a business owner that wants to show your appreciation to our veterans by becoming a participating business? Sign your business up at HonorRewards.com
* November 12, 2018 – Tax Parcel Index Numbers (PIN’s) Required
On October 11, 2018 the LaSalle County Board approved and adopted an ordinance requiring all documents presented to the Recorder’s Office for recordation to include the Tax Parcel Identification Numbers (PIN’s) associated with all legal descriptions displayed on the documents.
* July 10, 2018 – Predictable Fees Adopted
In accordance with 55 ILCS 5/3-5018.1 “Predictable Fees” of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, On May 10, 2018 the LaSalle County Board approved and adopted an ordinance establishing a Predictable Recording Fee Schedule. The new fee schedule establishes flat, predictable fees for five classes of Standard Documents to be recorded with the Office of the LaSalle County Recorder of Deeds as well as clarifies the definitions of several classes of Non-Standard Documents. The new fee schedule is effective July 10, 2018. Documents received without the appropriate recording fees will be rejected, so please call if you have questions.
Click on the links below to review, download and/or print the fee schedule and document classifications.
* January 1, 2018 – Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Liens
Effective January 1, 2018, all Illinois Department of Revenue liens will be filed into a new statewide tax lien registry system, and will no longer be recorded with County Recorder offices. This registry will be accessible, and searchable, from any location or device with internet access. The registry will provide access to all state liens and lien releases issued since January 1, 2018, as well as to all active (unreleased) state liens issued during the 20 years preceding the establishment of this registry.
You may visit the online registry by clicking Here, or by going to the Illinois Department of Revenue’s website at tax.illinois.gov, and choosing the “Lien Registry” link on the left side of the page.
Here are some tips for using the State Lien Registry system:
- If you know your Lien ID or FEIN #, enter it into the appropriate field on the search page. Then press the enter key or click anywhere on the page and the Search button will appear.
- If you don’t have a Lien ID or FEIN #, for best results, search by name (business name or first and last name if an individual).
- All searches other than by Lien ID or FEIN # will require selection of the County or Statewide Search option.
- Releases, if issued, will be located by using the same information used when searching for the lien itself.