|HEALTH DEPARTMENT||ADMINISTRATION||COMMUNICABLE DISEASES||IMMUNIZATIONS||ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH||HEALTH EDUCATION||PERSONAL HEALTH||NEWS RELEASES||Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)||Contact Us|
The LaSalle County Health Department was created in November of 1986 with the passage of a referendum by the voters of LaSalle County.
The LaSalle County Health Department is located at 717 Etna Road in Ottawa, Illinois.
The goal of public health is to protect and promote health and prevent disease, illness and injury. Public health interventions range from preventing diseases to promoting healthy lifestyles and from providing sanitary conditions to ensuring safe food and water. Because of public health, the foods we eat are safer; the water we drink is free from contamination, more babies live beyond their 1st birthday and children are healthier due to childhood immunization programs. As your county health department we are committed to keeping you and your family healthy. We are your information source during a public health emergency.
- Prevents epidemics and the spread of disease
- Protects against environmental hazards
- Prevents injuries
- Promotes and encourages healthy behaviors
- Responds to disasters and assists communities in recovery
- Assures the quality and accessibility of health services
Essential Public Health Services:
- Monitor health status to identify community problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure an expert public health work force
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems